Desiccant dehumidifiers are best for use on boats as they extract moisture in low temperatures ranging from one degree centigrade upwards. Compressor units only work well in temperatures above 15 degrees centigrade so they are much less effective during the winter months. Desiccant units are also much smaller, lighter, quieter and robust than compressor driven units. Desicccant dehumidifiers do not have any consumable components.
Important features to look out for on dehumidifiers that are being left onboard unattended for long periods of time are auto restart, so that the unit will start back up again after a power failure; and continuous drainage facility that allows the condensate to drain away seperately rather than collect in the unit's resevoir tank.
We recommend the Eco Air DD122FW at £155 including VAT and delivery:- Motor Boats Monthly Magazine October 2012 said "There may be cheaper dehumidifiers on the market but none will offer the performance of the DD122FW in a package so small and so light....it is worth every penny and really is the perfect boat dehumidifier."
We also recommend the Meaco DD8L at £159 including VAT and delivery:- Motor Boat Monthly Magazine November 2011 said "....a perfect on board dehumidifier. The DD8L would be preferable on a boat that suffers from damp due to its higher performance."
Our best selling boat dehumidifiers are:-
1. Eco Air DD122FW mk5 7 litre desiccant dehumidifier at £155 including VAT & delivery
2. Delonghi DNC65 6 litre deisccant dehumidifier at £169 including VAT & delivery
3. Meaco DD8L 8 litre desiccant dehumidifier at £159 including VAT & delivery
4. Meaco DD8L Junior 8 litre desiccant dehumidifier at £139 including VAT & delivery
5. Eco Air DD122FW SIMPLE 8 litre desiccant dehumidifier at £129 including VAT & delivery
Click here for our guide to boat dehumidifiers